Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Love Siblings, Safety Pins, and Separation (of the Beatles, that is)

Whoa! What a line-up we have today! I want you, right now, to go and find your brother and/or sister (if you don't have one, use someone else's), and give them a big hug! Or at least send them a text, because today is National Siblings Day! It is an occasion to feel close to your siblings, enjoy their love, and embrace the "I-love-you-but-I-hate-you" feeling! I have two half-brothers (Tony and Michael) whom I love very much even though I never get to see them...cuz they just have to live all the way in California! Holiday Hero also has a sister (Erika) who is just a sweet peach and also lives a bit far away in Arizona! You guys really need to move to Albuquerque...end of story. And to them all, we say: Love ya!

Second, today is Safety Pin Day. Everyone (especially women) knows that these little metal clasps can be true life savers in potential clothing malfunctions! So, you can be a good little boy or girl scout today by keeping a safety pin in your pocket. Thanks to Fred (an Old English chum) for supplying me with a lovely silver safety pin.

Finally, this is a most dire day for many music fans around the world because it is the day back in 1970 that The Beatles officially broke up. Widely regarded as the most influential rock band of all time, The Beatles have continued to inspire bands, new and old, and prosper in the heart of generations around the world. Break out the White album or Sgt. Pepper's and embrace your true Beatles fanness. Personally, I won't be too upset today since I'm not too partial to their tunes, but I can certainly dig a few. Enjoy!

Pics will be posted later!

Celebration Sensation, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment