Friday, January 20, 2012

8:08am: A Quick Thought

        Been awake for 99 minutes and my tall coffee is already becoming a memory along with my knock-off NutriGrain Bar. So many things going on lately that I've come to the realization today that I've only got a few days before 1000 Holidays kicks off and I am WAY underprepared but no less excited about the quest. I'm thinking my randomness and quick work on a daily basis will result in a much more hilarious and interesting journey. Now some of the more difficult celebrations are being planned in advance to secure some idea of success and to prove I'm not a complete fucking slacker but for the most part it's wake up, look at the calendar, and let the adventure begin. I sit here and think: What the fuck am I doing? Will this ruin my life or make it better? Will I be found two months into my journey a madman sitting in an office chair along the roadside typing onto an imaginary keyboard with drool in my neck beard? Or will I be a hero of holiday awesomeness and be renamed Hafthor The Conquerer of Holidays? All of these and more are possibilities in the infinite universe we all live in and hopefully I become Hafthor and not the hobo. Hopefully. Good god don't let me fail.
           

3 comments:

  1. I'm not entirely sure how one would go about "conquering" holidays, but I will say this much: you've got more than a couple of us who are here to help you out, and I can PROMISE you that Jess isn't going to let you grow a neckbeard, no matter HOW annoyed she gets with all of this holiday stuff.

    I'm very much looking forward to this whole thing.

    Oh, and by-the-by, is there some sort of national hobo day? You may be on the ropes for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you, buddy. The National Hobo Convention is held on the second weekend of August in Britt, Iowa. I'll be observing this weekend on Friday August 10 but I'm not quite sure how I'll be celebrating yet. Hopping a train? Begging for change? Peeing in public? I'm also accepting suggestions. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling that one of the dogs might just be getting dressed up in hobo gear (complete with plaid hobo bag and frumpy hat)! And Justin is correct! There will be no neckbeards in this house. :/

    ReplyDelete