Sunday, August 12, 2012

The VEEP Is in...to Books and Polka

"Polka, Polka! Polka, Polka!" Oh hey, sorry. Just humming a little polka ditty I learned thanks to Home Alone's Kenosha Kickers.
Happy National Polka Day!

And here is your Holiday Hero also enjoying a bit of polka goodness:
Jigs are all part of the fun!

In addition to polka fun, today (Thursday, August 9) is also Book Lovers' Day. Um, yeah, if you have been reading this blog pretty steadily, you will know by my persistence in posting things about Beowulf and other literary figures that I am definitely a book lover through and through. After two English degrees and steady work on another one, I think it would be idiotic if I didn't have a serious affection toward books in all of their forms, paper or digital. See?
For a little dude, Harry Potter is quite heavy! LOL

Our last holiday today is VEEP Day! This day commemorates the presidential succession provisions in the U.S. Constitution, and in 1974 Gerald Ford succeeded Richard Nixon after his resignation. That may be all well and good, but I certainly prefer the HBO show VEEP far more than that whole history thing (if it's not Nordic or Anglo-Saxon, I generally don't care). Here's why:
Hysterical! 

OK, just a short one for you today. Hope your day was great!
CS, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment