Wednesday, August 8, 2012

True Friendship Revolves around Underwear

Welcome back to our holiday-riffic blog, friends! Today (Sunday, August 5) we celebrate several holidays that I'm sure you'll enjoy rather thoroughly. Alright, enough dilly-dallying...we shall get started presently:
Throughout your life, there are a few things that you will always need other than the main essentials like food and shelter. I'm talking more along the lines of love, family, and friends. Today is Friendship Day; a day to think about the people in your life who have been there for you through thick and thin, given you advice, enjoyed a nice glass of wine or cold beer, and brought happiness. Holiday Hero and I are thankful to have so many awesome friends (many of whom have been featured on this blog in previous posts). Here's one of me and our friend Julie taken specifically on Friendship Day:
Yup, we're buddies!
So, take some time today to enjoy being with your friends and appreciate the good times and the bad because that is truly was friendship is all about!

Up next is a holiday that anyone in grad school or the working environment, in general, can appreciate: International Beer Day. From stout to lager, port to ale, beer is something to be celebrated. Personally, I like beers such as Honey Brown or ciders like Strongbow. The HH certainly enjoys his beer as well:
And it's a hometown brew!

Third on the list is National Doll Day. I've never been a huge fan of dolls, but I did have my fair share of Barbie dolls as a kid, and I'm sure HH had plenty of "action figures" (read, dolls for guys) as well. As an adult, I have left Barbie in the dust (unless putting her in a blender) and replaced her with Xena Warrior Princess in this masterful (if I do say so myself) collection:
I am a complete dork!

And finally, it is National Underwear Day. Most of us have plenty of experience with underwear, and today is the day to celebrate those scraps of cloth (esp. for women) we like to call wears of the under zone. Enjoy wearing, buying, removing, and showing off your underwear today because you know we certainly did!
Sexy undieroos!

Boom! August 5...done!

CS, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment